Thursday, November 24, 2011

Apple-Walnut Galette



It’s that time of the year again. Where love ones come together and enjoy a big feast starring the Turkey! This year I wanted to do something special and cook for the whole family.

The main menu was easy to think of haha the turkey! But I was struggling with the dessert. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make my famous carrot cake or a pie.

Since I know my boyfriend’s dad loves apple pie that’s what I went with. I was going through my old Food Network Thanksgiving magazine issue from last year and stumble upon this recipe, Apple-Walnut Galette. It’s like an apple pie but with a twist.

What is a Galette you may ask? It’s a type of French pastry that is made with a rich and flaky crust. It’s generally rounded and flat and tends to be very crusty. It looks wonderful because you can see all the layers of apples and it tasted divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment