I was a bit skeptical about these muffins. I made many healthy recipes without sugar and butter and it was a disaster, I tell you! However, these "muffins" are moist and tasty. Can we really call them muffins, because muffins are known to have tons of fat and sugar. And these are total opposite of that.
I really enjoyed it and I enjoyed it even more because I know it's gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free WHAT! That's right. A grain, gluten and sugar free banana muffin made with chia seeds. What a perfect way to start the day.
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients (besides nuts if using) in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine.
- If using the nuts, fold into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into mini-muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes until tops start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.