Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baked egg with Chorizo and Spinach

Finally, the hot weather has cool down a bit. I woke up this morning and it was a little chilly. Yes! I can bake something for breakfast. Oh oven, how I missed our times spent together. I decided to take advantage of this beautiful chilly morning and baked an egg for breakfast. This is a simple recipe, so simple I am providing you the recipe all by myself. Makes blogging a little bit easier for me. ;)



Baked egg with Chorizo and spinach
Makes 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 ounces of pork chorizo
  • 3 cups spinach
  • 4 tablespoon shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 4 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 4 tablespoon heavy cream, divided



Pre-heat the oven 325 degrees F. Grease 4 small ramekins. Cook the chorizo over medium high heat on a skillet, about 5-7 minutes. Place the spinach with 3 tablespoon of water in a bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes. In the ramekins, arrange the spinach, cooked chorizo, and create a well and break an egg in there. Add 1 tablespoon of monterey jack cheese, Parmesan, and heavy cream to each ramekins.

Bake in the over for 8 minutes, then place it under the broiler for about 2 minutes until the cheese has slightly burnt spots. Yum! (I have a thing for slightly burnt cheese)




1 comment:

  1. http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/texas_brisket.html

    ReplyDelete