Sunday, June 23, 2013

Easy Paleo Buffalo Chicken Wing

Today has been a hot day and I had raw chicken drumsticks sitting in my fridge. Usually I would baked them in the oven, but it was too hot to heat my oven up...and it would not be a smart idea in this heat. I needed to find a recipe that I can pan fry these drumsticks. I was checking out Foodgawker.com and I found this easy HEALTHY recipe and delicious!



Ingredients
  • 1 lb Chicken Wings
  • ½ c almond flour or brown rice flour (I used brown rice because that's what I had in my pantry)
  • 1 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tbsp duck fat or preferred cooking fat for frying
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 3 tbsp hot sauce
  • 2 tbsp coconut milk (canned)
  • 1 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350. Mix together the almond flour and ranch seasoning in a small bowl, and have the egg beaten in another.
  2. Dip each chicken wing in egg, then almond flour mixture, and set aside on a plate.
  3. Heat frying pan on medium and add duck fat. Place chicken wings in pan and fry on each side for about 10 minutes total. Watch them so they don’t burn!
  4. Let them cool while you mix together the last 4 ingredients in another small bowl. Dip each wing into the sauce, coating, and then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, and bake another 5 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment