Sweet Sriracha Chicken Wings (makes 4 servings)
- 3 lbs chicken wings (tips cut off)
- 2 TBSP grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP Sriracha sauce + 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 3/4 cup agave sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 TBSP lemon juice + lemon zest
- Preheat over to 400°
- Oil the chicken wings and bake for 15 minutes in a baking pan
- Combine the next 4 ingredients in a bowl, and pour sauce over the baked chicken wings
- Lower the heat to 375° and bake uncover for an hour, flipping the wings over at the half way mark. The sauce should be thick and caramelize
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest over the chicken wings. Serve with pickled vegetables and rice.
- 3 cucumbers, cubed
- 4 shallots, cubed
- 5 carrots, cubed
- 2 thai or birds eye chili
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsps kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Wash the vegetables and placed the chopped vegetables in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt to make it crispier. Set aside and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Heat the vinegar, salt, sugar, and water together until the sugar dissolves.
Place the vegetables in a jar large enough to fit them all and pour the pickling liquid into the jar so that all of the vegetables are submerged. Store them sealed in the jar in the refrigerator for 5 days for best flavor. You can eat these after a couple hours of pickling.