Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2 ingredient pancake

2 ingredient Healthy Pancakes (gluten, grain and dairy free, no added sugar)
This was a simple and delicious pancake recipe. When I was making the batter, I was a little skeptical about it because the batter was really wet, but when I pan fried it on my cast iron pan, it really did shape up like a pancake. Amazing with what you can do with 2 ingredients.

Basic Batter:
  • 1 large banana, mashed (should be around 1/3 to 1/2 cup when mashed)
  • 2 eggs
optional add ins:
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder (I strongly advised to add this)
  • 2 tbsp nut butter, pb2/peanut flour, almond flour or coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
 
  • Peel and mash the banana, stir in the egg. Mix in any of the add ins that you want.
  • Heat a non stick skillet and lightly spray with oil. Tun the heat down to medium-low.
  • Pour a circle of batter into the pan (I used about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake). Cook until golden brown on the underside (around 1 minute) , then use a metal spatula to flip and cook until golden brown on the other side (30 seconds to 1 minute). Serve warm with whatever you want. I like mine just the way it is..simple but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment