Sunday, January 27, 2013

vietnamese lemongrass porkchop with vietnamese dipping sauce


Today was an extremely busy day for me. Even though I finished my grocery shopping early at 9:30 am, I had other things I needed to get done by today. My new cabinet.

Yesterday, my bf and I went to Ikea. We finally got a new cabinet for our dining room. See the pictures below. So my project today was to organize the dining room and kitchen. I am so happy with the cabinet, it has plenty of storage and it’s nice to look at too J.

 
 
 

During the time my bf was assembling the cabinet, I took the time to start on the marinade for this pork chop recipe. It was delicious and that is why I am posting this recipe. Enjoy!
 

Vietnamese Grilled Lemongrass Pork Chop (adapted from Viet World Kitchen)

  • 4 pork chops, bone-in, about 1 inch thick
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons garlic
  • 3 tablespoons shallot
  • 1 1/2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and roughly chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Using a mini food processor, pulse the sugar, garlic, shallot, and lemongrass to a mince-like texture. Add the pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce, and oil, and process to combine well.

Place the pork chops in a large zip-lock bag, and pour the marinade to coat. Squish the marinade around to coat the pork chops evenly. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, up to 24 hours. Allow the pork chops to rest at room temperature, about 30-45 minutes, before grilling.

Over medium-high heat, pan fried the pork chops 2-3 minutes each side.

Serve with brown rice, cucumber and vietnamese dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment