Sunday, March 3, 2013

Healthier Lemon Cheesecake with almond vanilla wafer crust

I was browsing my friend's pictures on Instagram and came across a picture my friend Kenny posted. He posted a picture of the cheesecake he made and provided the recipe. He mentioned he used greek yogurt and stevia. This inspired me to make my own cheesecake.

I did not have greek yogurt but I definitely have stevia since I am trying to cut down on sugar. I also replaced greek yogurt with ricotta cheese. For the crust, I wanted to cut down the sugar so I added almonds in the food processor with the vanilla wafer cookies. I pretty much wing this recipe. I decided what I wanted to add and how much. It turned out a little dry for a cheesecake, but the flavors were good. My bf and I ate it all up in a few days. :) What can I say...we love cheesecake!



No comments:

Post a Comment