Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vietnamese Style Chicken Wings

Simple recipe. Just what I needed because I had a lot of reading to do for school. It seems like I can't find enough time to do the things I enjoy anymore. But I have to continue cooking. I just have too!

 That's why I made these babies today. These chicken wings are slightly sweet and spicy. Have it with rice and cucumber and you have a completed meal. Enjoy!


Tip: cut the tip of the chicken wing so it doesn't get burnt like mine.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup Zsweet sugar or regular sugar
  • 1/4 coconut sugar
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp lime juice (~1 lime)
  • 2 tbsp chili sauce (such as sriracha) or to taste
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and pat dry
Instructions:
  1. Simmer the water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat until it turns a deep amber, about 10 minutes.
  2. Mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, chili sauce, and garlic and carefully add it to the pan, then heat until the caramel dissolves.
  3. Marinate the chicken wings in the sauce for 30 minutes to overnight.
  4. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
  5. Place the chicken wings on a rack, on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy, about 30 to 40 minutes. Every 10 minutes brush wings with additional marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment